Getting on Payroll
To get on the payroll system timely follow these simple steps:
Check your email account for your employment offer to review, accept or decline.
If you accept your offer:
- Respond to your email from email@example.com to create login credentials for your onboarding account as outlined in Required Steps.
- Complete ALL onboarding tasks assigned PRIOR to your first day of work.
- If you are a NEW employee to KU or returning to work after a year or longer, respond to your Shared Service Center Representative email to schedule an in-person appointment to finalize onboarding paperwork.
Follow your Shared Service Center Representative instructions and tip sheet
for recording your hours worked (for all hourly/non-exempt appointments) by the deadline outlined. Your supervisor will have to have this by the deadline to review and approve you hours for payroll.
Can’t find your tip sheet for recording hours? Download the appropriate version below:
- Student Hourly Timesheet pdf Student Hourly Web Clock pdf
- Graduate Student Employment (GTA, GRA, GA, RGA) pdf
- Exempt Staff and Faculty pdf
If you are a salaried employee and hold a regular position,
you will be required to report leave according to university guidelines. For more information use the following tip sheet provided during your onboarding appointment.
- Exempt (Salaried) Employee Tip Sheet