Required Steps Before You Arrive
KU’s onboarding system allows employees to complete essential paperwork electronically as soon as you have accepted an offer. By following the online tutorial guide, you will quickly navigate through the process. Completing your online activities will ensure that your KU services are activated (i.e., e-mail, Blackboard, library services) and that you have a specialized Shared Service Center representative available to answer questions and insure that all work authorization paperwork is finalize on or before your first day.
Complete Your Onboarding Requirements Online
- Create a unique password and activate you online Onboarding system profile by responding to the e-mail invitation you received from email@example.com.
- Once your password has been setup, you can access KUHR Onboarding at any time.
- The system will provide a step-by-step guide of specific activities you are required to complete to activate your appointment.
- Be prepared. The Onboarding system may request specific information such as your date of birth, social security number, bank account information, etc. It may be helpful to collect important documents in advance to expedite your experience.
- Understand How to Complete Federal and State Tax Forms – During the Onboarding process you will have several required forms that must be completed which relate to work authorization and federal/state taxes. Select the appropriate video below to learn more.
- US Citizen Tax and Federal Work Authorization Video
- Non-US Citizen Tax and Federal Work Authorization Video
- If you have technical difficulties establishing your Employee ID number or experience system access issues, contact the IT Customer Service Center at 785-864-8080.
Schedule an Onboarding Appointment with your Shared Service Center & Gather Required ORIGINAL Documents
This appointment will require visual verification of original documents – either one from list A OR one from list B and C to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S. Be prepared by gathering these materials early. Not meeting this requirement will delay your ability to start work.
Please note: All individuals will be required to present a U.S. Social Security Card or receipt of application from the Social Security Administration for tax purposes with the State of Kansas.